Here are 12 quotes to keep you calm the next time you feel annoyed or angry at your significant other, coworker, or the person who honked at you when the light just turned green.
1. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” — Buddha
4. 2. “Getting angry in a stressful situation is like trying to clean something with dirt.” — Urbanky Aurel Petru
3. “Free your hearts of anxiety, pain and anger, to have peace within your heart and soul.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
4. “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” — Dalai Lama
5. “The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest.” — Katrina Mayer
6. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of its strength.” — Corrie Ten Boom
7. “Step outside for a while — calm your mind. It is better to hug a tree than bang your head against a wall continually.” — Rasheed Ogunlaru
8. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” — William James
9. “Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we’re frantic, life will be frantic. If we’re peaceful, life will be peaceful.” — Marianne Williamson
10. “You practice mindfulness, on the one hand, to be calm and peaceful. On the other hand, as you practice mindfulness and live a life of peace, you inspire hope for a future of peace.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
11. “Learn to calm down the winds of your mind, and you will enjoy great inner peace.” — Remez Sasson
12. “Life is precious and there’s not a lot of room for anger.” — Fran Drescher
The post When you’re mad at someone you love appeared first on Wake Up Your Mind.