Six people in the house, five slices of bread. Mom said, ‘I’m full. You guys can have a piece of each’ these words will forever remain in my heart as I navigate through life.
In society, it is commonplace to hear the phrase “you should never hurt your mother.” This is often said in regard to children hurting their mothers emotionally or physically.
I must admit that growing up; I wasn’t the perfect kid. I remember some utterances I made to my mom that I wish I could delete from memory lane. The hurtful truth is that words cannot be reversed once they leave the mouth. However, that is not to say that all is lost. Nature will always provide us with second chances to better ourselves.
However, there are other ways to hurt your mother that are not as apparent. This article will explore different quotes about never hurting your mother.
It’s time to say sorry, Buy your MOM a gift
Moms are such a special part of our world that we felt compelled to dedicate a section of our site to them.
No other individual on earth experiences the love, joy, sadness, empathy, sympathy, and every other conceivable emotion that Moms do in the upbringing of their children.
Mom as a Best Friend
A mother is a child’s first and closest friend. She knows her children’s requirements and works tirelessly to meet them She constantly has the child’s back and is understanding. A mother’s love is like nothing else in the world. It’s both strong and gentle. Loud and quiet Unrelenting and yielding. Protecting and releasing. Demanding and unassuming. Changes in a child’s needs, but are always there. Unmoving.
Mom as a cheerleader
Moms are our biggest cheerleaders. She is the one who will do everything it takes to fulfill the aspirations of her children. Do you want to hike the world’s highest mountain? Your mom will pack you lunch and remind you to hydrate. When you fall, she will be there to dust off your clothes and encourage you to keep on.
Mom as a Mentor
Moms are our lifetime teachers. Truly, a mother is a manual that guides us through life. It would be difficult to live without the values that mothers instill in us. She is a great mentor who will always show you the difference between right and wrong. When necessary, a mentor will become strict with you in addition to offering assistance. ·
Mom as a Caretaker
No one can take care of us better than a mother. Since a child is born, she gives her child her whole attention. She can meet all of her child’s requirements since she is aware of them. She is there for her kids at all times. When we are sick or injured, our mother always looks after us without thinking about herself. A mother always ensures that her kids are safe and protected no matter where they are because she values their well-being above all else.
A mother gives her child all the comfort she can. The mother is responsible for keeping the home jovial and secure for the kids. She manages both domestic duties and her obligations to her children like a superwoman
Mom as a Special Person in Our Life
Our mother has the most significant position in our hearts and lives. A mother’s relationship with her child begins at birth and develops into something special. She works all hours of the day and night to provide for her kids and make them happy. A woman’s life revolves around being a mother, and she selflessly gives her everything.
Here are some quotes for mom that we have collected, we hope you enjoy them!
- You loved me before seeing me. You love me for all my mistakes. You will love me for what I am.” ― Luffina Lourduraj
- The tear on your mother’s eye is as heavy as the ocean waters.”― Zybejta “Beta” Metani’ Marashi
- Ever wondered what melts like wax for the suffering of her children and hardens like granite to protect them? — The heart of a mother.”- Anonymous
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” -William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” -Kate Douglas Wiggin
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” — Princess Diana
- “The best place to cry is in a mother’s arms.” — Jodi Picoult
- She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along. Margaret Banning.
- believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” — Oprah
- No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement- Florida Scott Maxwell.
- “It hurts like how parents feel inside when their children raise their voice against them after standing by their own feet.” — Subha Sairina
- “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” -Mildred B. Vermont
- Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not. James Joyce.
- “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – J.K. Rowling
- Never hurt your mother because she is the only one with you in your difficulties. ~ Ankith MS.
- A mother is your first friend, best friend, and forever friend. Never hurt your mother. ~ Unknown
- Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired; it need not be deserved. ~ Erich Fromm.
- “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” – Janet Fitch
- “Everything I’ve learned that’s worth knowing, I learned from my mother.” – Kelly Roper
- “A mother’s love does not set with the sun. It blankets you all through the night.” — Amy Hoover
- “Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.” — Ali Ibn Abi Talib
- “We are born of love; Love is our Mother.”– Rumi
- I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them. ~ Phyllis Diller.
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. ~ Barbara Kingsolver.
- A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. ~ Billy Graham.
- My mother is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words, but I always remember the tune. ~ Graycie Harmon.
- A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark. ~ Grimaldos Robin.
- “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” — Maxim Gorky
- “Never hurt your mother. Nothing is more painful than seeing tears in her eyes.” — Pushvam
- Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving. Gail Tsukiyama.
- “Sooner or later, we all quote our mothers.” — Bern Williams.
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” — George Eliot
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” — Jewish Proverb.
- A mother is the only person who carries you for nine months in her belly, three years in her arms, and forever in her heart. ~ Unknown.
- . A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to makes learning unnecessary. Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- . We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong. ~ Laura Stavoe Harm.
- . You will never know the pain of hurting your mother until your children hurt your back. ~ Unknown.
- .Treat your mother respectfully, and your children will do the same for you. ~ Unknown
- . “A mother is a shooting star who passes through your life only once. Love her because when her light goes out, you will never see her again.” — Unknown.
- . “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” — Mahatma Ghandi.
- . “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” — Emily Dickinson
- . “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” — Cynthia Ozick.
- . “Don’t get involved with anyone who doesn’t respect his mother.” — Mia Farrow.
- . “Hurting someone who loves you is as easy as throwing a stone in a lake, but you never really know how deep the stone goes once it hits the water. Take care to remember that each stone thrown could be a ripple of hurt or a tidal wave of devastation.” — Stacey Miller.
- . “Spiteful words can hurt your feelings, but silence breaks your heart.” — Mother Teresa.
- . “Sometimes we don’t appreciate the heavy sacrifices our parents are making for us until we become parents.” — Terry Mark.
- . “How sinful are those youth who speak gently with their friends while they shout out at their mothers.” — Unknown.
- .Everyone in this world can turn their back towards you during your hard times except your parents.” — Anurag Prakash Ray.
- . “Nourish your aged parents; revere them.” — Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
- . “If you disrespect your parents, remember! You deserve nothing.” — Keval Karia.
- .“A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” — Japanese Proverb.
- . To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” — Maya Angelou.
- . “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” — Susan Gale.
- . “A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home.” — Chinese proverb.
- .“No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.” –Brad Meltzer.
- . “The loss of your mother, no matter how old you are, changes your life forever. Your mother is your first and forever friend. You never really get over the loss, but you learn to live with it. She is never far away from your thoughts, and she is always in your heart.” — from Relationship Rules.
- . Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.T. DeWitt Talmage.
- .. “If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” — Stevie Wonder.
- . “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” — James E. Faust.
- . “A mother will continue to love her child even after the child has angered her, saddened her, and made her feel disappointed. She only wants her child to know that her love is unconditional.” — Unknown.
- . “A mother will know the meaning of unconditional love when their children break their hearts, and yet they still love them just the same.” — Unknown.
- . “How do parents have such a wonderful capacity for love? The love from a parent to a child is so strong that there might not be a more powerful force ever.” — Unknown.
- .A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” — Robert Brault
- . “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find.” — Mitch Album
- . My mother is pure radiance. She is the sun I can touch, kiss, and hold without getting burnt.” ― Sanober Khan.
- . A mother is the truest friend we have when trials formerly with others, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity. — Washington Irving.
- . Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. Harriet Beecher Stowe
- . As mothers, we just don’t want anything or anyone to hurt our babies, but life has other plans. Bruised knees, bumpy roads, and particularly broken hearts are part of the deal. — Michelle Obama.
- . Don’t anger your parents to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building you unquestionably.- anonymous.
- . Even if the whole world were throwing rocks at you, you’d be okay if you had your mother at your back. — Jojo Moyes.
- .The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. Jane Sellman
- . The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother’s always a Democrat. – Robert Frost.
- . God couldn’t be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers. — Daphne Wilder.
- . Maybe motherhood means honoring one’s mother. — Sheila Heti.
- . I remember my mother’s prayers which always followed me although they have clung to me all my life. – Abraham Lincoln.
- . MOM turned upside down spells WOW! Mom, you were the best! — Rick Sutter.
- . Mothers are, who can take the place of all others evidently but whose place no one else can take, so think before you hurt her with your actions. Unknown.
- . I take this chance to thank you for your contribution to my life undeniably. Thank you, mom and I love you. — Blasio Kaduna.
- . A mother holds her child’s hand for just a short time but holds their heart forever. — Krystal Nahdee.
- . Whoever teaches his son teaches not only his son but particularly also his son’s son. — Hebrew Proverb.
- . The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter. — Anita Diamant.
- . Mothers were the only ones you could depend on to tell the whole, unvarnished truth. — Margaret Dilloway.
- . Do not ignore your mothers around you that are hurting. Not only Sincere words but also efforts from the heart can heal the broken soul. -unknown.
- . My mother was my first country, undeniably the first place I ever lived. — Nayyirah Waheed.
- . The relationship between parents and children, at this instant between mothers and daughters, is tremendously powerful. — Joyce Carol Oates.
- . The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom. — Sandra Vischer.
- . When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway. Erma Bombeck.
- . Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. Pearl S. Buck.
- . The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. Honore de Balzac.
- . You count the hours you could have spent with your mother. It’s a lifetime in itself. Mitch Albom.91. My mother can move mountains. I have seen her do it. — John Lennon.
- . Nothing could be finer than to wake up next to a mother’s sleeping face, the last thing you see before you drift into the unknown… — Daphne du Maurier.
- . A mother’s love is pure radiance; it is the sun I can touch, kiss, and hold without getting burnt. Sanober Khan.
- . There is no remedy for love as the world goes, but to love evermore. Mother Anne Bradstreet.
- . You open another year older and suddenly your children are that much older than you, and they’re flying past you like jet airplanes, going at that speed that only children can go at. Pam Brown
- . A mother is someone who will always love you, no matter what–who knows all your secrets without telling any of them to anyone else and thinks that if you’ve done something wrong, you’re still the best all-around person in the world. Judith Viorst.
- . A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go. Anonymous.
- The biggest lesson a mother teaches her daughter is to believe in herself. — Oprah Winfrey.
- . They are simply mothers, not women who have children – they are mothers who have children, but there’s a difference – and that difference… no one else can teach it them. -Mabel Ulrich Weaver”.””
- . Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.–Robert Browning “Just as the twig is bent, the tree’s inclined”
- “One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters”–George Herbert
- . “I had two beautiful children, two precious little daughters. I was their mother, but I wasn’t really a mother to them.” —— Betty Anne Waters
- . “Mothers are more than women simply because they create life within themselves and carry it within their bodies.” —— George Sand
- . “It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.”–Cicero
- . “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow up they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.”—Oscar Wilde
- . “Mothers are like the stars, they are beautiful and they always twinkle.”—Unknown
- . “I want to be home before dark and I want to be there before morning. I want to know that my mother loves me and my sister loves me and my brothers love me, but mostly I want to feel that someone loves me that’s all.” —— Leontyne Price
- . “You’re a woman. You’re not supposed to be perfect. Not even close. What you are supposed to be is imperfect and okay with that. Perfection is a myth, and mothers especially know this best of all.” —— Sheryl Sandberg
- . “I am the mother of four children, three girls and one boy; I am also the grandmother of six children, two daughters and four grandchildren…I don’t think you can ever be too many mamas in your life where children are concerned. It takes all kinds of mamas….” —— Cynthia Ozick
- . “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” —— Lin Yutang
- . “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children; a symbol of goodness, of hope, of peace, and guardian of dreams.” —— Anna B. Warner
- . “A Mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep well in them.’― Victor Hugo
- . “What greater gift than the love of a pet? It asks nothing and demands nothing. It sits with you on its own terms.’― Susan Wilson
- . “Mothers are the greater love.” ―— Toni Morrison
- . “The clouds of incensed love may gather over your children, but you cannot lose joy from your heart because you were a mother. Besides, if children are not successful as they would wish to be, you have had your reward in surrendering them to their true natures –your own better natures.” ―— Marilyn Ferguson
- . “I’m sure anyone who is a parent has had this feeling that there’s no way they could have made a better decision than the one they made.” —— Diane Von Furstenberg
- Never hurt your mother, nothing is more painful than seeing tears in her eyes.
- Never hurt your mother for your gf/bf, you may get someone else as your gf/bf but you can’t get someone as your mother.
- I miss my mother. The loss of your mother, no matter how old you are, changes your life forever. Your mother is your first and forever friend. You never get over the loss, but you learn to live with it. She is never far away from your thoughts, and she is always in your heart.
- Appreciate your mom, She is wiser than you think and stronger than you know, be thankful
- Appreciate the food your mother cooks for you, some don’t have food, and others don’t have a mother.
- Love your mother, the most beautiful person on this earth: our best critics yet our stronger supporters.
- My mother was far from perfect, she didn’t go to the best school, dress in fine clothes, or have a lot of money. But when I look back, she had riches that money can’t buy; A Big Heart that knew only one thing, the love for her children.
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”
-William Makepeace Thackeray
- “A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home.” -Chinese proverb
- “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.”
-Kate Douglas Wiggin
- “The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother’s always a Democrat.” -Robert Frost
- “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” -Mildred B. Vermont.
The bottom line
Many of us regret saying cruel things to our mothers because we were grateful for everything they had done for us.In times of rage, we often fail to see the value of our mothers and that, despite their superhuman abilities, they are human too.Despite imperfections, a mother is still the most valuable person in our lives, and her unwavering love cannot be replaced.
You Might Like This