We all know that parents want the best for their children, so most of the time they trust baby brands and they purchase products from them. However, those brands are not always safe for children. One such story went viral when a woman posted on Facebook to w.a.r.n other parents about the harmful chemicals lurking in their children’s snacks after her daughter had an allergic reaction to a popular cereal.
When Misty Lyn, who shared this story, saw the shocking rash spreading across her toddler’s legs, she had no idea what could have caused it.
At first, she thought that her child Harper came across something poisonous so she asked her husband what was the girl doing all morning.
Her daughter, Harper had only tried the popular cereal called “Aplle Jacks” for the very first time that morning. That was the moment when Misty realized that they have probably caused the rash.
The very moment she decided to do some research on this cereals and what she discovered, s.h.o.c.k.ed her.
“I had to take Harper to the doctors today. I had no clue what gave her this rash until Steve told me that she had “Apple Jacks” cereal for the first time this morning. Poor girl! Did more research on it and this is what I found…”Apple Jacks” has the most popular food dyes known to cause behavioral problems in children; yellow 6, blue 1, red 40 and BHT, ” the mom wrote in the viral Facebook post.
After what happened to her own daughter, Misty hoped to w.a.r.n other parents about the dangers lurking inside their own pantries.
“These food dyes are now illegal in Europe, but perfectly acceptable in America. BHT is a common stabilizer in pesticides, gasoline, lubricants, and soaps, but can also be found in “Apple Jacks”. Yellow 6 has been linked to tumors in lab mice and red 40 has been known to cause severe allergic reactions, ” she continued.
Although many parents might think Misty is simply overreacting, her daughter’s painful rash is clear evidence that harmful chemicals and dyes are no laughing matter.
“Please share with every parent you know. If we don’t get the food out about these dangerous food dyes, who will?” she concluded.
References: popular365.club, newhealthexpert.online