Banana is said to be one of the most popular fruits as it is easily available and contains high nutrition. It is said that if we eat almost nothing but just bananas, then we may lose weight, but if we eat 8 to 10 bananas a day apart from our regular meals, we can gain weight.
Therefore, Yulia Tarbath who is a nutritionist and a motivational coach tried the mono-fruit diet for 12 days straight to detoxify her body and to test the benefits of eating a banana.
She calls it banana island diet. In this dieting routine, you only eat bananas and nothing else. However, some people also add 1 type of greens, such as lettuce in the last meal of the day.
What does the banana island entail?
– You eat all the bananas you desire and bananas are all you eat (you can also do it with other fruit). It is a mono island, however, occasionally; people also add 1 type of greens, such as lettuce in the last meal of the day.
– You eat ONLY ripe bananas, you eat your usual calories – no under-eating or calorie-restricting is involved.
– You drink plenty of water, up to 3 litres a day.
– You exercise as normal.
– You rest enough as your body will be going through deeper detox and restoration.
– Research shows that bananas can actually be a perfect fit in your weight loss diet plan. A six inch banana has about 90 calories, which makes it much lesser than the calories in any candy bar. Moreover, the fibre content in this fruit is soluble, which causes it to absorb water and slows down digestion.
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED DURING HER BANANA ONLY DIET:
– Did not have any detox symptoms whatsoever, felt amazing throughout the whole “journey”.
– Experienced very sharp clarity of mind, which allowed her to restructure tasks and activities.
– She says it was a busy inner journey for her.
– She felt balanced and positive.
– Her skin became softer and shiny naturally.
– She ran 22km up and down a very steep mountain called Doi Suthep in Chaing Mai, Thailand and recovered in double quick time, without any leg soreness.
– Body felt more flexible than ever.
Bananas have weight loss properties. A single banana has 108 calories, which amounts to 17.5 grams of carbohydrates. Our body needs carbohydrates for smooth body functioning and excess carbohydrates can lead to weight gain. Bananas are also loaded with fibre, vitamins and minerals. They also contains pectin, which leaves you feeling fuller for a longer time. This makes bananas ideal for any weight loss programme.
Bananas have a low glycemic index, which also helps in weight loss. Eating bananas help in controlling increased blood sugar levels in the body.
Sources: indiatimes.com, thestorypedia.com