What happens to your body if you drink okra water?
The plant okra and its seed pods are also called the “lady`s fingers”. People in the US, the UK, and the Philippines call it okra with other pronunciation in Nigeria and Caribbean English of okro.
You might be wondering why on the earth we are talking about okra! The reason is health benefits of okra, yes you can gain 30 calories from this vegetable. It is a good source of vitamin C which is present about 21 milligrams and it also provides 60 milligrams of magnesium.
It is a combination of 7.6 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 80 micrograms of folate and 2 grams of proteins. All these nutrients you can receive from just 1 glass of fresh okra juice.
You can consume okra in different forms like you can fry it can make an awesome dish. Pickled okra is quite popular in Asian countries while you can consume it by boiling it or stewed it properly.
It is available in any period of a year and thus can be a prime source of nutrients if you include it in your regular diet.
When it comes to health benefits of okra, here are some benefits which you can get from consumption of okra.
– Relieve asthma symptoms
– Boosts the immunity
– Helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol
– Fight against diabetes
– Reduce the quantity of glucose through the gastrointestinal tract.
– Prevent kidney disease, and so on.
Here is a recipe of okra drink which is useful to treat diabetes
Things you need
– Okra- 4
– Water- 1 cup
1. Take 4 fresh okra and cut the edges carefully.
2. Put a split in the middle of the okra and soak all 4 okra in 1 cup of water.
3. Allow it to remain soaked overnight.
4. Next morning squeeze the okra in a cup and add some more water to it.
5. Mix it well and your drink is ready.
6. Consume it once before breakfast every day and treat diabetes naturally.
This drink will provide all the stated health benefits of okra and help you to remain healthy.
It is the must try remedy if you have any issues like indigestion, asthma or kidney diseases. Start drinking the okra water from today!