This Mom Gives Advice To Other Parents After Her Son Nearly Lost Eyesight From A Popular Bath Toy

For most kids, bath time will be greater if there are more toys in the bath.

But one mom named Eden Strong from Illinois is w*arning parents that a seemingly harmless bath toy can be dangerous to kids after a horrific injury left her young son facing the prospect of losing his sight.

This mom was giving her 2-year-old son Baylor a bath when she noticed that his eye was irritated. She then put it down to getting water in his eye. Howevver, after she finished his bath, his eye got worse.

Her son had suffered cell*ulitis, a potentially serious bacterial skin in*fection. In just 12 hours his eye went from pink to infected.

In a Facebook post, the mom said: “His eye was protruding from his face,”. The post has gone viral. “It was very obscured. He was running a raging fever.

“I cried the entire drive to a larger hospital, praying that he wouldn’t lose his eye.

“The next week was pretty scary. He had severe cellulitis that eventually spread down his face and to both eyes. They warned me that he may lose vision in the worse eye, but in the end, thank the Lord his eyes healed.”

Baylor’s horrific eye injury was due to a squirting bath toy.

She said: “I came to find out later that because the water is never fully expelled from those types of toys that they can just grow bacteria that you can’t stop,”

Eden posting shocking pictures of her son’s injuries on Facebook to wa*rn other parents, the post has since been shared by nearly 200,000 people. The mom was inundated with other parents’ pictures of their children who had experienced similar issues.

Eden hopes manufacturers will take this issue into consideration when producing bath toys.


The mom has since thrown all Baylor’s squeezable toys away.

“I think those toys especially are cute. They’re fun. They’re cheap and they’re easy, but it’s not worth it.”

Source: Facebook, Newsner

Follow Me On Pinterest
39Total fans