14 STRANGE FACTS ABOUT KISSING
1. Open-mouth kissing allows for the transfer of hormones from a man to a woman, in other words mucus membranes in the mouth are permeable to hormones like testosterone, which a man can introduce into a woman’s mouth through kissing. Therefore testosterone increases arousal in the woman, leading to higher chances of sexual intercourse.
2. Men who kiss their partners before leaving for work average higher incomes than those who don’t.
3. Kissing is good for what ails you. Research shows that the act of smooching improves our skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and can even relieve headaches.
4. Kissing can become your new favorite exercise, a quick romantic kiss is said to help burn around 2 to 3 calories while a passionate kiss can burn 5 or more calories. The longer and more passionate the kiss, the more calories burned.
5. Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running, its exciting.
6. When it comes to our faces, kissing is the ultimate workout to keep our facial muscles strong. Our cheeks are kept tight and supple by the engagement of around 30 different muscles in our faces when kissing. Time to workout.
7. While women use kissing to evaluate a partner’s potential for a relationship, men use kissing for a simpler purpose. Men are likely to use kissing as a means to increase the likelihood of sex.
Nonetheless, that’s not to say that all kisses from a man are sex-oriented.
8. Prostitutes are said to avoid kissing their clients to reduce the likelihood of bonding or emotional attachment.
9. The average person spends 336 hours of his or her life kissing.
10. Public kissing is a crime in Indonesia punishable by five years in prison.
11. Kissing has long been recognized as a good way for our bodies to pass along bugs that help build immunity. Once you’ve contracted a bug, your body then learns to strengthen itself despite showing symptoms of a cold or flu. Kissing merely helps expedite our immune system-boosting processes.
12. Kissing creates feel-good chemicals in our bodies that help us feel relaxed.
13. Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two lip impressions are alike.
14. Just one kiss with tongue can transmit up to 278 types of bacteria. Those of us with OCD tendencies should try to forget this next time we get anywhere near a pair of lips.